Art Reproduction & Printing
We approach art reproduction as a collaborative process. At Digital Silver Imaging we use the highest standards of image capture, color corrected workflow, and archival print reproduction. It takes more than sophisticated equipment, or a giant digital file, to make a good reproduction. Duplicating art takes a high level of craft and an understanding of the mediums used.
No print will ever duplicate an original painting, drawing or mixed media work, but we strive to achieve a visual and perceptual match with every print.
Our Art Reproduction Process
- Your artwork is digitally photographed using a proprietary method to accurately reproduce texture and color. We do not use a scanner. Scanning original art over emphasizes surface and often does not accurately replicate works of art.
- Each piece of art is individually photographed.
- Art reproduction services include color balancing.
Fine Art Inkjet Prints
- Our Inkjet/Giclée* prints are made on the highest quality Canon printers using LUCIA PRO Inks.
- You can choose from a variety of different paper stocks and surfaces. We are sticklers for archival quality.
- Limited editions with matching serialized holographic labels and certificates of authenticity are available
- Prints 16×20 and larger include proof print
- See Custom Color Inkjet Pricing
Matting, mounting and framing is available at reasonable prices. We can even also custom build a portfolio box or case for your edition. Once complete we can ship your prints directly to a client in the next state or around the world.
Fine Art Reproduction
|Longest Dimension||Single||3 or More*|
|Up to 14″||$90||$77|
|14″ to 18″||$115||$98|
|19″ to 30″||$150||$128|
|31″ to 48″||$199||$169|
|48″ to 72″||$249||$213|
|Over 72″||by quote|
|* Mixed sizes|
- Hi-res files transferred to thumb/flash drive provided by customer – No Charge
- Hi-res files transferred via electronic upload – $5
- Hi-res files transferred burned to CD/DVD – $8.00
Contact or call us at 617 489-0035 for more information about our fine art reproduction services.
*Giclée is French for “splash” or “squirt.” A Giclée print is simply an inkjet print. There is no agency or standard that makes a print a true Giclée. We use the term “inkjet” because we believe it is a more honest way of representing our printing method. We are one of the few labs in the North East that is a Hahnemühle Certified Studio. This means our staff, equipment, and printing practices meet rigorous professional quality standards.