We approach fine art reproduction as a collaborative process. At Digital Silver Imaging we use the highest standards of image capture, color corrected workflow and a sensitivity to each individual piece of art. It takes more than sophisticated equipment or a giant digital file to make a good reproduction it takes a high level of craft.
No print will ever exactly match an original painting, drawing or mixed media work, but we strive to achieve a visual and emotional match with every print.
The Reproduction Process
- Your artwork is digitally photographed using a proprietary method to accurately reproduce texture and color. We do not use a scanner. Scanning original art over emphasizes surface and often does not accurately replicate paintings, drawings and other works of art.
- We photograph each piece of art individually. Each piece of art is unique and should be reproduced as a unique work.
- Art reproduction services include color balancing.
Fine Art Inkjet Prints
- Our Inkjet/Giclée* prints are made on the highest quality Epson printers using Ultrachrome HDR K3 pigment inks.
- You can choose from a variety of different paper stocks and surfaces. We are sticklers for archival quality.
- Limited editions with matching serialized holographic labels and certificates of authenticity are available
- We can matt, mount and frame your print. We can even also custom build a portfolio box or case for your edition. Once complete we can ship your prints directly to a client in the next state or around the world.
*Giclée is French for “splash” or “squirt.” A Giclée print is simply an inkjet print. There is no agency or standard that makes a print a true Giclée. We use the term “inkjet” because we believe it is a more honest way of representing our printing method. We are one of the few labs in the North East that is a Hanemühle Certified Studio. This means our staff, equipment, and printing practices meet rigorous professional quality standards.