We approach art reproduction as a collaborative process. At Digital Silver Imaging we use the highest standards of image capture, color corrected workflow, and archival print reproduction. It takes more than sophisticated equipment, or a giant digital file, to make a good reproduction. Duplicating art takes a high level of craft and an understanding of the mediums used.
No print will ever duplicate an original painting, drawing or mixed media work, but we strive to achieve a visual and perceptual match with every print.
Our Art Reproduction Process
- Your artwork is digitally photographed using a proprietary method to accurately reproduce texture and color. We do not use a scanner. Scanning original art over emphasizes surface and often does not accurately replicate works of art.
- Each piece of art is individually photographed.
- Larger pieces are photographed in multiple sections and stitched.
- Art reproduction services include color balancing.
Fine Art Inkjet Prints
- Our Inkjet/Giclée* prints are made on the highest quality Canon printers using LUCIA PRO Inks.
- You can choose from a variety of different paper stocks and surfaces. We are sticklers for archival quality.
- Limited editions with matching serialized holographic labels and certificates of authenticity are available
- See Custom Color Inkjet Pricing
Matting, mounting and framing is available at reasonable prices. We can even also custom build a portfolio box or case for your edition. Once complete we can ship your prints directly to a client in the next state or around the world.
|Longest Dimension||Single||3 or More*|
|Up to 11" X 14"||$150||$110|
|Up to 20" X 24"||$190||$140|
|Up to 30" X 40"||$215||$165|
|Up to 48" x 60"||$275||$210|
|Over 72"||by Quote|
|*Mixed Sizes of similar dimensions|
|Prices based on files up to 125% of original size|
- Hi-res files transferred to thumb/flash drive provided by customer – No Charge
- Hi-res files transferred via electronic upload free
- Hi-res files provided on DSI 8gb thumb drive $10
Contact or call us at 617 489-0035 for more information about our fine art reproduction services.
*Giclée is French for “splash” or “squirt.” A Giclée print is simply an inkjet print. There is no agency or standard that makes a print a true Giclée. We use the term “inkjet” because we believe it is a more honest way of representing our printing method. We are one of the few labs in the North East that is a Hahnemühle Certified Studio. This means our staff, equipment, and printing practices meet rigorous professional quality standards.