10 Years ago we at Digital Silver Imaging took a leap of faith. Faith that people will continue to care about fine art photographic prints. We had the conviction that black & white silver gelatin printing was an art that could be both preserved and modernized, and a belief that there needed to be a dedicated lab which focused on artists.
Our first decade has quickly gone by and we are still at it. In celebration of our first 10 years we are having an open house Saturday, June 30th. Join us for something cold to drink, a variety of interesting happenings, hourly raffles, and just enjoying the company of our great photo community.
What we have planned:
• “Leica’s on Loan” Borrow a Leica camera and lens for up to 90 minutes* 10am -4pm
• Monitor Calibration Demo with X Rite + Rebate on X Rite Products 12 -4pm
• Barry Schneier showing his Bruce Springsteen portfolio, and signing prints 2-5pm
• Herb Greene selling his limited edition Grateful Dead on Haight Posters for sale 2-5pm
• JJ Gonson selling and signing her 1980’s Rock & Roll prints 2-5pm
• Locally sourced treats from Cuisine en Locale 4-6pm
• Odds and Ends Sale (Frames, Art Photo Books, Paper)
• Hourly print and merchandise Raffles
• Discount coupons available only at the event
• Get a tour of the lab and meet the staff
*Leica Store Boston will provide a selection of cameras for “Leica’s on Loan.” Participants will have the opportunity to borrow a Leica camera and lens for up to 90 minutes. Loans are complimentary and offered on a first come, first-served basis. A valid photo ID, credit card and empty SD card are required to borrow a camera.
Images (Top Left clockwise) ©Barry Schneier, Leica M, ©JJ Gonson, ©Herb Greene